Saturday, November 26, 2011

0 - An Introduction

Hello.

This blog was initially housed at Tumblr. After sufficient frustration with the interface and some formatting issues, I chose to migrate to Blogspot, which offers equal simplicity without the irksome meme culture and incessant spam profiles falsely inflating my stats with phantom notes. I'll reconsider Tumblr if I suddenly make it my business to circulate Homestuck memes and passive-aggressive identity political diatribes masquerading as activism, believing these to be the height of cultural participation and entertainment.

For now, here I am. I write, or attempt to write, one new piece every day. They are of no guaranteed quality, and some are little more than sarcasm with line breaks. But the point is to keep myself producing, to never fall into the assumption that valuable writing can only take place when I feel energetic and prepared to reinvent beauty, and to work out my sense of the world in the best way I know how. Sometimes it's a chore, but some of my best work comes out of forcing myself to look where I wouldn't otherwise believe meaning could be found. This is poetry, I guess.

Sometimes I will be inconsistent, and miss a day or two. I try not to, but I've got this hole at the center of my mind that roars louder on some nights than others, and I spend much of my time trying to compensate for the awful sense of vertigo I get when I approach it. At times, this means stuffing my brain with cheap television into the wee hours rather than staring into the abyss with pen poised, or pretending that I'm going to finally, at long last, write something on my other blog, and instead drinking my seventh cup of coffee while becoming cathartically huffy about some new travesty of the intellect I've deliberately sought out in some comments section just so I could feel something, and pretend that I've finally found my righteous cause. These things happen.

But mostly, I will write, and I hope in some very limited way, it matters that I do.

Now I need to run off and transfer my thirty-odd entries from Tumblr to their new home. Cheers, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment